Here you will find the rules and regulations adopted by the Santa Clara City Council. These rules and regulations govern the manner in which the City's municipal utilities conduct business. For a complete list of the items governed by the rules and regulations below, please review the Table of Contents in the document itself.
- Electric Utility
Contents include items specific to the electric utility such as details of standard service requirements, special service contracts, developers requirements, responsibility for protective devices, and customer-owned distributed generation.
- Electrical Energy Surcharge Rate
The State Surcharge is required by California state law and supports funding for the California Energy Commission. The surcharge is equal to kWh billed times the State Surcharge Rate.
- Utility Billing
Contents include billing-related items in common with all Santa Clara utilities such as application for utility service(s), establishment of credit, utility payment requirements, disconnection for non-payment and access to utility equipment.
- Water Utility
Contents include items specific to the water utility such as the application for new or temporary water service, backflow prevention devices, water equipment access requirements, service connections and meters, automatic fire service, fire hydrants, and recycled water use.
- OH 550 - Electric Service Requirements Overhead
- OH 1230 - Tree Clearances from Overhead Electric Lines
- OH 1615 - Outside Agency Utility Pole Labeling
- SD 1275 - RF Unit Clearances
- SD 1235 - Tree Planting Requirements near Underground Electric Facilities
- UG 0345 - Trench Backfill Requirements
- UG 0349 - 8' x 10' Primary Manhole Full Traffic Installations
- UG 0350 - 8' x 14' Primary Manhole Full Traffic Installations
- UG 1000 - Installation of Underground Substructures by Developers
- UG 1250 - Encroachment Permit Clearances from Electric Facilities
- UG 0340 - Conduit Spacers
- Residential Electric Service Requirements
- Interconnection Agreement for Generating or Storage Facilities
- Generating Facility Interconnection Application >10kW
- S-0053 Facility Connection Requirements
- SD 1630 - Initial Review Process for Applications to Interconnect Generating Facilities
- SD 1631 - Engineering & Operating Requirements for the Interconnection of Generating Facilities
- SVP-DP-001 - Distributed Generation Protection Requirements