Has your income been recently effected by the current COVID-19 pandemic? (i.e you or someone in household has recently been laid off, terminated, furloughed, and/or sought unemployment benefits). If so, please see our COVID19 relief page for information on ways we can help.
The Financial Rate Assistance Program (FRAP) provides a 25% discount off the electric portion of the Municipal Utilities bill to qualified Santa Clara residents. RESIDENTIAL households can qualify for the FRAP discount by meeting either the financial criteria and completing the online form below.
Financial Assistance Guideline Table:If you earn less than the income in the chart, you should qualify for the Financial Rate Assistance Program (FRAP).
|# of People in Household||Maximum Monthly Income Before Taxes||Maximum Annual Income Before Taxes|
| * These levels are effective as of April 3, 2020
For households with more than 8 members, please contact us.
- You are not seeking temporary relief due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Your service address must be in the City of Santa Clara
- The City of Santa Clara bill must be in your name
- You must live at the address where the discount is received
- You may not share an energy meter with another home
- The 25% monthly discount will only be applied to the first 800 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of monthly energy use
- You can at any time during time of enrollment be asked to verify program eligibility
- Your eligibility must be recertified every two years
- If your income is fixed (you receive SSI, SSDI, SSP, Social Security, or Pensions) your recertification is required every four years
Please note this is an income verified program where documents to verify eligibility are required upon application and can be requested at any point during program enrollment. See required income document guidelines.