Has your income been recently affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic? (i.e., you or someone in your household has recently been laid off, terminated, furloughed, and/or sought unemployment benefits). The City of Santa Clara recognizes the financial burden the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has had on our residents. Silicon Valley Power is offering a temporary relief program that provides a 25% discount on your City of Santa Clara Municipal Utilities electric charges. You can apply online by filling out the form below.
- If you or other working adults in your household have had their employment affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic (i.e., laid off, terminated, or furloughed)
- Your service address must be in the City of Santa Clara
- The City of Santa Clara bill must be in your name
- You must live at the address where the discount is received
- You may not share an energy meter with another home
- You are NOT currently enrolled in the Silicon Valley Power’s Financial or Medical Rate Assistance Program
- The 25% monthly discount will only be applied to the first 800 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of monthly energy use
Please note this program is intended to provide at least 6 months of immediate relief. The program is subject to change beyond 6 months and at that time additional documentation may be required.
For questions, email COVID19Relief@siliconvalleypower.com or call 408-244-SAVE (7283).