What the City of Santa Clara Utilities is doing in response to the COVID-19
To help protect the health and safety of our customers and employees in our community and to mitigate potential disruption to our business operations during the COVID-19 pandemic, City utilities are taking a number of precautions:
- The City of Santa Clara does not expect any disruption in electric or water service during this public health crisis.
- The City’s Municipal Services Department has implemented a suspension on service disconnections for utility (electric and water) non-payment, effective immediately. This suspension will apply to both residential and commercial customers, and will remain in effect until further notice. To further support customers who may be impacted by the pandemic, The City will offer its most flexible payment plans to customers who indicate either an impact or hardship as a result of COVID-19. The City will continue to monitor current events and identify opportunities to support our customers and communities.
- The City has partially activated the emergency operations center and are vigilantly communicating with Santa Clara County and monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) for updates related to the virus.
- All non-essential business travel has been suspended.
- The City is taking advanced hygienic cleaning measures at our facilities and are issuing regular communications to our employees and contractors with personal and workplace best practices.
- We have instructed our employees who have direct customer contact to take social distancing precautionary measures, such as avoiding handshakes and suspending all home energy audits. We are committed to continue addressing customer service needs.
- If a visit to the City is required, please make an appointment prior to coming to the City. We encourage individuals try to attempt to conduct their business via e-mail/phones or website.
Bill payment options
- Customers who currently use one of our local offices to pay bills and are sick or experiencing symptoms are asked to please use one of our other payment options such as:
- Pay online;
- Pay by phone - Pay with your credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) over the phone anytime day or night, 408-615-2300 or;
- Pay By mail - Pay with a check or money order made out to the City of Santa Clara.
- Mail your payment to:
Municipal Utilities Mailing Address
City of Santa Clara Municipal Utilities
P.O. BOX 49067
San Jose, CA 95161-9067
- Mail your payment to:
- Customers who indicate either an impact or hardship as a result of COVID-19 please email email@example.com or call 408-244-SAVE (7283).
According to the CDC, some of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable illnesses are to practice everyday preventive behaviors such as staying home when sick, covering coughs and sneezes, consistently washing hands with soap and water and thoroughly cleaning frequently touched surfaces.
- Silicon Valley Power – 408-615-6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Power outages / Electrical emergencies: 24-Hour Hotline - 408-615-5640
- Water and Sewer: Weekdays – 408-615-2000
- Water and Sewer: After house, 5:00 p.m. – 800 a.m. and weekends – 408-615-5640
- Customer Service Billing Inquiries: Electricity, Water, Sewer, and Garbage / Recycling (turn on / off), get billing information anytime day or night (please note the Customer Service hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:55 p.m., Monday - Friday) – 408-615-2300 or email@example.com
For more information and ongoing updates on the situation, please visit: