Rules, Rates and Fees
Here you will find the rules, regulations, rates and fees adopted by the Santa Clara City Council. These rules and regulations govern the manner in which the City's municipal utilities conduct business. For a complete list of the items governed by the rules and regulations below, please review the Table of Contents in the document itself.
Rules and Regulations
- Utility Billing - Contents include billing-related items in common with all Santa Clara utilities such as application for utility service(s), establishment of credit, utility payment requirements, disconnection for non-payment and access to utility equipment.
- Water Utility - Contents include items specific to the water utility such as the application for new or temporary water service, backflow prevention devices, water equipment access requirements, service connections and meters, automatic fire service, fire hydrants, and recycled water use.
- Electric Utility - Contents include items specific to the electric utility such as details of standard service requirements, special service contracts, developers requirements, responsibility for protective devices, and customer-owned distributed generation.
- Electric - Residential Rates
- Electric - Commercial Rates
- Water, Sewer and Recycled Water Rates
- Proposed Small Cell Attachment Rate to City Owned Electric Wooden Utility Poles
For Garbage and Clean Green rates - call Mission Trail Waste Systems at (408) 727-5365.
Please view our Technical Documents to determine which apply to your project.
For additional questions, email us via our contact us page.