With our solar rebate program
Silicon Valley Power is offering incentives to make installing and generating electricity from PV systems more affordable for you. These incentives are in the form of rebates to Santa Clara residents and businesses for new installations of photovoltaic (PV) systems.
Businesses are eligible for a rebate for installing PV systems which meet their existing utility load up to 50 kilowatts (kW) in size the current rebate level is $.45/Watt.
All new Commercial Rebate applications for PV systems ≤ 50kW must be received by June 30, 2017. New rebate reservations will not be issued for solar projects ≤ 50 kW after June 30, 2017.
Commercial Rebate Schedule for PV Systems ≤ 50 kW
Installed Capacity MW
|MW Available per Rebate Step||Rebate $/Watt AC||MW Remaining in Current Rebate Step|
*Current Rebate Level - updated 02/01/2017
- All PV modules and inverters must be on the State of California Energy Commission list of eligible equipment. Please see the CEC list of approved PV modules and CEC list of approved PV inverters.
- The system must come with a minimum ten year warranty against breakdown or unusual degradation.
- The system must be installed by a licensed contractor.
- The system must be installed and permitted in accordance with all applicable building and national electric codes.
- The system must be connected to the grid.
- Host Customer must execute an Interconnection and Net Energy Metering Agreement with the City.
- A Generating Facility Interconnection Application must be submitted with your permit application.
- Host Customer must agree to future inspections of the equipment to verify PV system performance.
- Prior to installation, Host Customer must have received an energy audit by SVP or other approved entity within the last two years to identify all other energy efficiency opportunities in addition to PV.
- Approval is at the sole discretion of Silicon Valley Power.
- Arrays between 300 degrees and 60 Degrees are not eligible for rebate.
- Arrays with a design factor less than 90% will be de-rated.
- Shade analysis is required for all arrays.
- Rebate cap of 50kW per customer.
Steps to Receiving your Rebate
- Select a qualified PV contractor and an eligible PV system to purchase.
- Complete and submit your application before installing your system, to reserve your payment.
- SVP will review your application and contact you when application has been approved. Once approved, your system must be installed within twelve months.
- For systems ≤ 50 kW, SVP will issue your rebate payment within six to eight weeks of receiving your invoice and final building permit.
You can fax the completed form to 408-244-2990 or mail the completed form to:
Solar Electric Rebates
Silicon Valley Power
881 Martin Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95050
If you have any questions, please call 408-244-7283.
Finding Registered Equipment SellersThe Go Solar California website has a database of registered equipment sellers. You can also go to the Find Solar website to read customer feedback and ratings of installers that were used.
- Solar Electric Business Application 2017: Systems < 50 kW [PDF: 126k]
- Interconnection and Net Metering Agreement [PDF: 145k]
- Generator Facility Application: Systems > 10 kW [PDF: 137k]: Bring completed form when applying for permits for your Solar Electric System
- SD 1630 [PDF: 110k]: Overview of the review process of the Generator Facility Application
- SD 1631 [PDF: 332k]: SVP Engineering & Operating Requirements for the Interconnection of Generating Facilities