Installing a solar electric photovoltaic (PV) system provides you with a clean, renewable source of power that will pay for itself over time, and then continue to save you money by providing some--if not all--of your electricity needs. Silicon Valley Power offers several resources to assist you in determining whether or not a PV system is right for you, including but not limited to finding a licensed contractor and evaluating bids for quality assurance and pricing. In addition, below are documents outlining the requirements to interconnect to Silicon Valley Power's electric grid.
- Getting Started - Learn what to look for when considering installation of a PV system.
- Solar FAQ - Get more information on PV systems and the economics of purchasing and installing one.
- SD 1630 Initial Review Process for Application to Interconnect Generating Facilities
- SD 1631 Engineering & Operating Requirements for the Interconnection of Generating Facilities
- Interconnection Agreement for Generating or Storage Facilities Terms and conditions agreed upon to interconnect to Silicon Valley Power's electric grid