The Food Service Equipment Rebate Program provides cash incentives for purchasing qualifying, energy-efficient commercial food service equipment. Upgrade your kitchen with the latest technologies in cooking and hot/cold storage equipment and save a bundle on your annual energy costs.
Look for the ENERGY STAR® label on the following appliances: fryers, holding cabinets, commercial refrigerator / freezers, and steam cookers.
SVP is offering rebates for installing advanced controls for commercial kitchen ventilation systems. Demand control kitchen ventilation systems vary the fan speed of your kitchen exhaust hood and make-up air systems. They use advanced sensors that vary speeds based on cooking activity. Not only do they save money on energy costs, but they also reduce noise, increase occupant comfort, and they reduce wear and maintenance costs of your kitchen ventilation equipment.
Did you know that:
- For each ENERGY STAR-qualified electric steam cooker you purchase, you can save on average $450 per year on your utility costs
- Commercial solid door refrigerators and freezers are up to 45 percent more efficient than standard models
- Hot food holding cabinets with the ENERGY STAR label can provide you with up to 4,100 kWh of annual energy savings
Visit the Food Service Technology Center website to obtain a qualified equipment list and other useful information on efficient commercial kitchen best practices.
Here are the forms you'll need:
- Demand Control Ventilation System Equipment Pre-approval Form
- Food Service Equipment Rebate Application
- Food Service Equipment Rebate Calculator
- Sample invoice
Please submit complete forms to:
Attn: Food Service Equipment Rebate
Silicon Valley Power Rebate Program
881 Martin Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95050; or
Fax: (408) 243-0873
Remember, you must apply for pre-approval of your upgrade plans prior to installation. For information on eligibility and program details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 615-6650.